Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Times they are a changing!

I'm a little surprised sometimes at how quickly the shift from "Party Bayly's" to "Sporty Bayly's" has taken place.

A little over 365 days ago - Thursday could still be classified as "little Saturday" at Chez Bayly (assuming that's where we actually were on a Thursday evening).

The re-cycling bins were ALWAYS glass clinking full of wine & beer bottles and I would happily have pasted my FB page full of quips like :



I certainly wouldn't have been following the likes of Tri220 Magazine, or the Brownlee brothers on Twitter and nor would I have been thrashing out 1.4km's in the swimming pool after a "heavy night out drinking with the girls" - 1 x Guinness and 1 x small Rioja - with dinner!  Or even being aware that I was marginally off the pace with a slight hangover.


Still, it's thrilling and ........ well it is an Olympic year.

So i'll raise my cup of "rooibos" to that then!

NBB



4 comments:

  1. It's been interesting hasn't it. Weekends now equate to open water swimming and league 10km runs. Well done babe, we can have a beer when we are done.

    ReplyDelete