Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ups and Downs

What goes up .........


Too fast and too furious also works here I'm afraid.


It seems that what I gain in years, I lose in wisdom. Mrs Dumbass indeed!


I actually listened to my "fabulous sports therapist / take the eina out guru" describing me and my ailments to a trainee colleague this week - bit of a shock really.  I'm apparently more gung-ho than even I thought I was and while Raff always manages to remain polite (he's only half English - the rest of him is Italian) it's clear I've come across as fiercely competitive, completely unaware of my limits and disregarding of any previous injuries or ailments that I've gone under the knife for in the past.  Or the short version (imo) I'M JUST PLAIN THICK!

So I'm now wearing a "tape corset" across my back and my sporting achievements for the next 4 days will be exactly .........


   

On Monday we'll look again and while I'm still aiming for the beautiful

http://www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk/en/chateau-de-chantilly/

at the end of August along with a fabulous 10 day biking, wine, cheese and beautiful French holiday with www.banditoblanco.com there are a couple of 10km, 5km and other events - I'll be sitting out.

Still  
http://www.uptontriathlon.com/

this weekend with Ironman Bayly, camping for 2 nights in a bog and a whole lot of Clapham Chasers fun & fabulousness awaits.  I'm behind the lens again. Let's hope I don't need my water-wings.

Still standing tall (with some assistance)
NBB

1 comment:

  1. I think quite a few drinks will be in order on Saturday evening.

    ReplyDelete